General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Patching material needed to

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoner creek:
Yes. I shoot the 10-10 duck material. Good tight weave no blowing apart.

Nessmuck:

--- Quote from: Marcruger on June 02, 2022, 05:19:56 PM ---Ron is the man.  I love his patching, and have a lot ahead.  I buy the plain (not treated) 100% cotton canvas.  The densest material I have ever run across.  His prices are really not bad, compared to good cloth at JoAnn.  The best news is that it WORKS.  Never burns through.  Don't both with email or his website.  I don't think he uses them.  Call in the evening.  Leave a message if he does not reply.  My friend David put me onto this material, and I have tried most everything else, and returned to this cloth.  No need to experiment any more.  God Bless,   Marc

--- End quote ---

Just got off the phone with him….got some .015 and .018 material coming

Nessmuck:
Just got my patching material…..015 & .018 non treated canvas …looks indestructible!

Drahthaar:
Stoner...what thickness is the 10-10 duck canvas?  I have tried artist linen but founded it to be to thick for my .54.

Dphariss:

--- Quote from: Drahthaar on December 07, 2022, 06:24:25 PM ---Stoner...what thickness is the 10-10 duck canvas?  I have tried artist linen but founded it to be to thick for my .54.

--- End quote ---

Cotton compresses easier  than linen. Thus a cotton patch of the same weight will load easier. There are many online sources for linen such as fabric-store (dot) com. They will sell small swatches to allow testing. Linen has advantages over cotton if you can find the right thickness. With a .526 ball I can use this companies heavy linen canvas. But while it seems to start OK it does tend the go down harder. Perhaps its filling the grooves better. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version