Author Topic: Change of pace  (Read 857 times)

Offline sdilts

Change of pace
« on: June 01, 2022, 03:19:47 AM »
Just finished this percussion halfstock for a guy. All the furniture is German silver except for the pewter nosecap. The stock blank came from Freddie Harrison several years ago. The barrel is a 34" Rice 45 cal swamped JLR. The rib is hollow. These work real well with a swamped barrel. It was a nice change of pace from the fullstock SMR flintlocks.

Offline deepcreekdale

Re: Change of pace
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 03:33:47 AM »
Very nice, beautiful job. I really like those later rifles. Personally, I would rather run my fingers over my grinder running at full speed than to build another SMR. They are currently the gun de jour however and I currently have 2 commissions to build them so I guess I better not turn on my grinder. In the next year or two, something else will be the gun everybody has to have. I hope it is something better than a gun built by some Cletus in the early 1900's  to gauard his still.  However, to each his own.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

Offline flinchrocket

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 03:43:28 AM »
Looks real nice. Is that Vincent hardware?

Offline sdilts

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:56:17 AM »
Thanks. It is Vincent hardware.

Offline Jakob

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 04:05:27 AM »
That's actually very elegant considered how 'boxy' most halfstocks look.

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 05:38:04 AM »
Fine rifle there, Sir...!
Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !