General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Probably have to switch eyes, any tips

<< < (2/6) > >>

smylee grouch:
I always shot with both eyes open and right eye dominant but now that blurry spot in my right eye has changed me to left eye dominant so I guess I can still shoot both eyes open from the Port side.

rich pierce:
A good friend of mine who is an outstanding competitive shooter switched. He started building guns that fit him when shooting left-handed. Of course back in the day they’d have simply hogged the buttstock out till things lined up.

Bending a stock is an option. Taylor Sapergia made a tutorial on this. Worth a try.

smylee grouch:
I had thought about bending the stock and will wait to see how it goes first. All my rifles will be handed down to grand kids so I might just live with what I got for the rest of my shooting days. Now days I hunt out of blinds or stands anyway so I'm thinking it might work out for the limited amount of hunting I will be doing. Time will tell.

alacran:
Sorry about your eye problems Gary. In Shumway's Jaeger book there is an interesting rifle with the stock configured to accommodate your problem.
I don't have the book with me right now or I would pm it to you.

Bigmon:
I have a wrinkle in my right retina that is causing me big problems with vision.  Everything looks crooked and wavy.  That on top of just normal aging eyes.
They can not gaurantee any positive results, even at UPMC eye center in Pittsburgh where they are building a many many million $$ new eye center!?  Go figure.
I been shooting my BB gun lefty to see how that works.  It's ok but I have no lefty flinters.
Anyway, I can't see so good from my left eye either.
Getting old is NOT for sissys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version