Author Topic: Opinions about LED light attachment for Donegan Optivisors while gun building?  (Read 992 times)

Offline Dave R

What opinions good bad or indifferent do users of Donegan Optivisor LED light attachment have for close up work during gun building?

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
I tried them a long time ago and didn't like them.  I don't usually like fill light but rather prefer to adjust a bench light to control directionality.

Jim

Offline P.W.Berkuta

I got mixed feelings about them sometimes they work for me but I like a bench light that I can move around.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline flehto

On my higher power Optivisor I have the lights and never used them....as others have said, the bench lights  are preferred. ....Fred

Offline Eric Krewson

I have one on my optvisors and really like it, my 74 year old eyes don't see all that well. Today I was inletting a patch box but just couldn't see the detail very well, I wear trifocal glasses and have developing cataracts. I switched on the light set on my #7 lens optivisor and could see just fine. High end builders don't like them, wood hacks like myself love the lights.

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
I’d say just as your question suggests and some of the old salts who already answered alluded to you might flip them on in one scenario or two on a gun build but one or two bench mounts with great adjustability like an old Dazor articulating lamp is much preferred so you can get direct or sharp angle lighting depending on what you’re doing….