General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Are Bipods allowed for bench shoots

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jeff Murray:
Cross sticks give you a rest similar to a bipod, although they are not screwed to the stock.  They also come with the added benefit of a physical work out.  Most matches at Friendship are designed to replicate the way rifles were used in their heyday, both hunting and sport shooting.

Daryl:

--- Quote from: Robin Henderson on June 03, 2022, 04:36:00 PM ---If I'm not mistaken, they do have matches for those modern contraptions posing as real muzzleloaders and shooting pointy projectiles wrapped in plastic with copious amounts of fake black powder for their energy source....shot prone and at longer range. Seems like I noticed bipods as I wandered by headed to the chunk range.

--- End quote ---

I assume "they" would allow a non-inline to compete in those events?

Mike Brooks:

--- Quote from: Robin Henderson on June 03, 2022, 04:36:00 PM ---If I'm not mistaken, they do have matches for those modern contraptions posing as real muzzleloaders and shooting pointy projectiles wrapped in plastic with copious amounts of fake black powder for their energy source....shot prone and at longer range. Seems like I noticed bipods as I wandered by headed to the chunk range.

--- End quote ---
Oh my. I guess it ain't the good ol days on the line at friendship anymore.  ::)

MJBush:
Daryl, no ‘they’ don’t. Round ball shooters don’t want to, those ‘special’ matches are shot a 300, 400 and 500 yards.

Mike, I shot last year for the first time in Friendship it was just like all the pictures i have seen for 25 years. I saw as many beautiful full stock rifles and half stocks as I did big bench guns. I hope to go back again.
Michael

T*O*F:

--- Quote --- I guess it ain't the good ol days on the line at friendship anymore.
--- End quote ---
That's because the line clears out when they start shooting.  They have so much back blast and concussion that they almost blow your eardrums out if you don't have a set of quality earmuffs on.  They are about 3 tmes as loud as the big long range rifles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version