General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Are Bipods allowed for bench shoots

<< < (5/5)

Elnathan:
I can't answer the original question regarding rules, but I have to point out that Siberian snaplock rifles of the 18th century and later were often fitted with bipods. I believe some of these rifles found there way over to this continent as part of the Russian colonization/fur-trading project in Alaska, so they can even be classified as a HC/PC American Frontier gun, albeit not the frontier we are used to thinking about...

Daryl:
As far down the coast to San Francisco, I've read, for the Russian guns.
They were very large fairly heavy guns, with small bores, IIRC.

alacran:

--- Quote from: Daryl on June 06, 2022, 01:23:30 AM ---As far down the coast to San Francisco, I've read, for the Russian guns.
They were very large fairly heavy guns, with small bores, IIRC.

--- End quote ---
Had to do a search on those since I had never seen one or heard of them.
They are about as crude as a gun can get. As far as the bipods on them goes they appear to be made for shooting in a sitting position. The Siberian nomads were a short people, undoubtedly, they were employed by the Russians to be trappers in Alaska.

Pete G.:

--- Quote from: Bob McBride on June 03, 2022, 05:47:04 AM ---Nein. No Unertls either. Crossed sticks and iron. That would be like putting a dot sight on a Match Lock or giving George Washington a pager.

--- Quote ---I sorta like the idea of a pager and George Washington
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version