Author Topic: Fort Charters Things I Got the Other Day There  (Read 642 times)

Offline Panzerschwein

Fort Charters Things I Got the Other Day There
« on: June 06, 2022, 01:32:17 AM »
Well hi all. This weekend was a heap of fun. Went to Fort de Charters in Prairie du Rocher, Illinois only 35 minutes from where I live. Got to meet some really neat people, ate some tasty bison burgers and kettle corn, and got these items:

Whilst walking around the tents I spotted some dandy horns at a table and got to talking with the horner, Ted Mueller of Chester, Illinois. He had some amazing work with some tempting map horns featuring the local area such as Kaskaskia river and St. Genevieve. But this beautiful plain hunting horn won me over. I greatly enjoy the green coloring near the horn tip.

Next I stumbled upon the tent of none other than Larry Callahan. I’ve done business with Larry in the past and many of you are well aware of his fantastic ball molds, gun worms, and other accouterments. It was really cool to put a face to the name and Larry was a very nice guy. I bought one of his bag molds in .445” as well as one of his nifty flintlock multitools based off an Appalachian original.

I got a small cake of beeswax just for odds and ends, not to mention a huge sack of hot kettle corn to take home that’s not pictured.

Overall it was a great day and I got to talk to and meet some really neat people. On a scale of 1/10 I’d rate the event a solid 10/10. It was a dandy afternoon for sure.

-Dillon
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:04:31 AM by Panzerschwein »

Offline Yazel.xring

• Ethan Yazel ILoveMuzzleloading.com
    • I Love Muzzleloading
Re: Fort Charters Things I Got the Other Day There
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 02:11:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing! I’d like to make it there someday
Hi, I’m Ethan and I Love Muzzleloading

ILoveMuzzleloading.com, independently reporting on muzzleloading and the people who have kept it going for generations.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Fort Charters Things I Got the Other Day There
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 02:16:43 AM »
It’s a great site with great folks. The Missouri Boys, Callahan and company, are fine craftsmen and good people.
I wish I’d been able to make it. I heard tell Paul Bigham got some new ink. Well, probably powdered charcoal or gunpowder rubbed in.
Andover, Vermont