General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Neetsfoot oil for patch lube

<< < (4/7) > >>

Scota4570:
Since my previous post I tried Ballistol 5:1 on strips, dried, and cut a the muzzle.  My groups were cut in half.  I get no smoldering patches.  The patches do not feel oily or attract dirt. 

For my purposes avoiding swabbing between shots is not a priority.  I have not found any juicy, oily, or greasy patch loads to shoot with best accuracy in my guns. 

satwel:
I have been using neatsfoot oil as a patch lube for five years now. I am happy with its performance and recommend it highly. I bought it a Tractor Supply store.

Brian Sweeney:
 Marcruger can you supply the contacts for the folks at Minute-Men Patch?

Leatherbark:
I have some "Feibing's" (sp?) pure neetsfoot oil.  Although I cannot recall how accurate it was when I tried it, I do remember that while seating the ball the patched ball would "scoot" down the bore not smoothly but erratically like the neetsfoot oil wasn't very slippery.  This would indicate to me that it might be more consistent in accuracy because of the lack of being slippery.

Bob

Marcruger:
Brian Sweeney, here is the contact info.  Just call Ron in the evenings, and leave a message if you miss him.  The website doesn't work, and he doesn't check email.  The quality of the 100% cotton densely-woven canvas is amazing though, and worth a few phone calls.  I get the UNTREATED canvas, not the teflon coated.  God Bless,   Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version