Author Topic: KRA Annual Show and Meeting  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: KRA Annual Show and Meeting
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2022, 08:19:20 PM »
Bond.  James Bond.  ;D
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline utseabee

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2022, 04:20:48 AM »
    I have only been to two of these meetings, but enjoyed both of them. There were some nice rifles on display there and the President's display was outstanding. It is well worth the trip to see everything there.
The difficult we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline louieparker

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 05:58:29 PM »
JDM .....your old Armstrong was there.
Yes, I should have taken my " Louie Armstrong " . Several members ask if I had it was there. Louie

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2022, 04:02:28 PM »
Great show, the president’s display was filled with grand rifles. Got to see great Old rifles, old horns and bags, and the most important part of all old friends. It was worth the 2500 mile round trip for this 81 year old bird.!!!!!

Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !

Offline Howard

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2022, 12:46:25 AM »
Jim, I went with King Louie Parker. We had a great time looking at stuff. You should have been there !!

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2022, 12:41:54 AM »
The Ragin Cajun had a great display at the KRA of the James Montague rifle. It was a very informative display on Montague that was very well researched and presented by Bob. The display took top honors which made Bob grin like a possum, well done Bob. I won't say more because all of the research that Bob has done on James Montague will be presented in one of the upcoming the KRA Bulletins. Here are a few 007 photo's of Bob's display. It was a pleasure traveling with Bob and his son in law Charley to the KRA show. We were supposed to pick up Gerald Neaves to round out the crew but Gerald had to drop out at the last minute. Maybe next year Gerald.

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2022, 02:04:05 AM »
Congratulations Bob, that is quite the compliment! Well done! Couldn't have picked a nicer, more generous person.

Thanks for the pictures Jim.

Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2022, 05:06:12 PM »
 ;D ;D.. any time you can be with Bob and Charlie is time well spent,.. !!! ... fun to be around, generous, hospitable and knowledge of these old guns is over the top,.. add Jim Parker and Gerald Neaves  to the mix, and you have the trifecta,... !!!... Glad to hear that Bob received that award,.. it has been long overdue,.. one of the best men in the collectors circles,... Regards, Bob and Charlie,.... and thanx for the telling, Jim,...!!!

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2022, 06:25:36 PM »
Thanks guys, I couldn't agree more.

Jim
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2022, 04:39:41 PM »
Thanks fellows, y’all are to kind.

Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !