Author Topic: Hawken Kit  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Bellke

• Starting Member
Hawken Kit
« on: June 26, 2022, 11:20:55 PM »
Anyone familiar with the kit from The Hawken Shop? 

Anyone done one of theirs they can speak to?  Any pics?  When I read the description it reminds me of a Chamber's long rifle.  One that will require a little more work than a Kibler.  Both are great, but the Chamber's will take longer with more effort. 

Offline borderdogs

Re: Hawken Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 01:36:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum Belike. Do a search Bob Woodfill was working on one of their kits he posted on here.
Rob

Offline Bellke

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:57:02 AM »
I appreciate the suggestion for every reference for Bob Woodfill either has to do with his book or a miniature rifle he took. 

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the web site The Hawlen Shop (https://www.thehawkenshop.com/) and the kits they sell.  I'm interested in a nice Hawken's kit since it seems it's going to be awhile before Kibler has one.  Looking on their website, it strikes me to be on par with a Jim Chamber's kit in that more work will be needed.  I'm curious if anyone has any feedback on the kit and their recommendations on it.  I'm not looking for something like a Tradition's kit and this sounds like it may be it.

Thanks

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 04:17:53 AM »
The one I saw in the Hawken Shop booth at Friendship looked good and it was still white but fully shootable.Lock and trigger function was good.I doubt if Chambers will ever make a Hawken kit and Kibler has his hands full with what he's doing.
Bob Roller

Offline borderdogs

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 11:33:56 PM »
Look up "Hawken Shop Kit" in the search area and Bob's post on his experience with the Hawken Shop Kit will come up. His posts are not about book. He was building their kit I think that was what you were asking.
Rob