Author Topic: Large mid 19th century civilian bag  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Wmasswolf

Large mid 19th century civilian bag
« on: July 05, 2022, 04:01:44 PM »
New mid 19th century civilian bag. This 9½"x11" bag leather bag has a 7½x7½ inner pocket. Its made from 3/4oz veg tan, covered in pillowticking, and hand sewn with waxed linen threat. The bag also has a 1" strap featuring a John Rader forged buckle and a brass button to hold the leather lined lid down. Aged pretty hard, and finished in bear fat and beeswax. The shape for the stitching on the button tab was inspired by the early pistol cartridge box's button tab.

Offline DougS

Re: Large mid 19th century civilian bag
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 11:04:16 AM »
Nice looking bag!

Love the color and all the details.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

Doug

Offline jbigley

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 02:55:47 AM »
Great looking bag, Jay! Perfect size, too.
BTW--I sent you a PM re. your 18th C Shooting pouch.
--JB

Offline elomemman

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 11:41:03 AM »
Wow, that mid-19th-century civilian bag looks pretty rad! The craftsmanship and attention to detail are impressive. I've been on the hunt for some stylish items myself, and this bag definitely catches my eye. By the way, I recently stumbled upon services for custom hats and headbands at https://matohash.com/collections/custom-headbands, and now I'm thinking of giving them a try too. It's great to discover unique pieces that add flair to our outfits. Keep up the fantastic work, and thanks for sharing your creation! Oh, and just so you know, I'm new to this forum. Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 05:13:06 PM by elomemman »