General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Young Marine looking for a place to hunt.

(1/1)

Black Jaque Janaviac:
Hello.  I'm not really sure if there is a better category to put a post like this under, so please accept my mea culpa if this sort of request belongs under a particular category.

My son is at Camp Lejeune now and it looks like he'll be there through the fall.  I don't know if he'll be able to take leave long enough to make a trip back here to hunt in WI.  But I know the people on these forums are some of the best folks in the world, so I told him I'll see if I can find someone that could take him for a North Carolina hunting experience. 

His muzzleloader experience is with percussion locks, but he's been shooting muzzleloaders since he was very young.  We use muzzleloaders here in WI for squirrel and deer.  But we love to hunt rabbits and ducks too (but that's with modern scatterguns).  He's not looking for handouts either, he's accustomed to helping farmers with harvest around here in WI in trade for permission.  He'll pay his own expenses but may need to be "outfitted" with gear he can't have on base. 

So if you know anyone in the Camp Lejeune area or if you yourself are in that area and would be willing to help a young Marine get away for a day of hunting (I don't know that he'll be able to go anywhere overnight since he's in "school") please PM me, it would be very much appreciated. 

ScottH:
Black Jaque,
 Can't help with the area hunting issue. But My son is also at Camp LeJeune. Just made Lance Corporal this morning. He figures he will be there for close to a year.
I'm hoping he can come back to WA for a little deer hunting this fall.
Best,
ScottH

johnfolchetti:
Black Jack PM me. I have some land in that AO as well as a nephew stationed there who is familiar with the ground.
Pass on  a Semper Fidelis for me.

Black Jaque Janaviac:
ScottH. I wish the best for your son.  My son is not actually stationed there.  He's just there for training. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version