Author Topic: Possibles bags  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Bushfire

Possibles bags
« on: July 31, 2022, 02:17:10 PM »
Hi,

Looking for suggestions on reputable makers of possibles bags.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Offline rjpalmer

Re: Possibles bags
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 04:57:08 AM »
BV Colonial Crafts Berlin Pa at Miller's Olde Roxbury Store. Sarah Miller makes wonderful historically accurate shooting pouches. Likewise, her husband Stephen Miller builds expertly crafted long rifles. Google www.bvcolonial crafts for photos and information

Offline TN Longhunter

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 05:16:17 AM »
Take your time and watch the For Sale section of this forum. Plenty of talented makers sale here. I make pouches and still buy from others on here. Very nice stuff turns up almost daily.
Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

Offline JBJ

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 01:58:09 PM »
Busfire,
I suggest that you contact Marcruger (you can send him a PM here on the site). Marc does first rate work!

J.B.

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 07:07:38 PM »
Marcruger, Curt Lyles, Charlie Brown, Cory Joe Stewart just to name a few. Some are really fine works, some more rustic.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 03:39:49 AM »
I would add James Rogers to the list of outstanding leather workers.... ;)
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Mick C

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 07:28:24 PM »
I'd like to also respectfully add Darrel Lang to the list....http://leatherfromthepast.blogspot.com/
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 01:53:22 PM »
Yeah, what these guys said...
Also look for posts by Eric Ewing,  James Rogers ( Lord! I wanna put a "D" in his name every time!) any name you see who has posted something you like and, then...what's wrong with you making one?

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 06:53:53 PM »
What's your location, is there a rendezvous or show of any sort near you where you can go look at bags?  I got one from Eric Ewing at Lewisburg years ago, another from Bague Harold at Ft Frederick a couple years ago and just grabbed one of the last Speedy bags from Speedy Hogarth at Kempton (Speedy is a club member in our group and I knew I had to get one sooner or later - and since he says he's retired I figured I better hurry!).  All very nice, but have to admit the bag I use most for hunting and shooting is one I made myself from a deer hide I tanned off a deer I shot.  Not fancy, but it just suits me.
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"