Author Topic: EveryMan A Cobbler A Simple Belt Bag  (Read 783 times)

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
EveryMan A Cobbler A Simple Belt Bag
« on: August 03, 2022, 11:30:00 PM »
Sorry for the lack of text, but I think the anesthetic from the surgery left me with a little Laryngitis...

Layout

Front Pouch

Wire Wheel Aging for oil tan only

Edge The Flap

Inset Pattern

Punching stitching holes

The Front Flap

I like Leather Buttons because I am a Shoemaker

Done

OH!! SORRY!!! Forgot trimming the edge after stitching together to ease the inside-out-fold

Offline Brokennock

Re: EveryMan A Cobbler A Simple Belt Bag
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 10:54:44 AM »
Looks pretty good.
At what point did you attach your belt loops?
Is there a good way to stitch the belt loops on that eases the strain on those seams? We tend to say not to stitch across a strap when attaching it, to run a couple lines of stitch parallel to the edge instead, or when attaching a buckle to a belt or strap. But, this does not seem possible with belt loops for a belt pouch, not enough real-estate.

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 02:22:03 PM »
My Master at Bethpage Village  taught me to run the stitch in the same direction as the tension.  You're right about  across the strap, but I tend to run a double line and not carry  a lot of weight in the bag.

You can also drop the loop length along the back of the bag to run a longer stitch before you close up the bag seam, but I don't know whether or not that is worth it because nobody seems to have done it and I'd be hard pressed to find a belt bag with more than three or four pounds in it.

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 06:45:54 AM »
My Master at Bethpage Village  taught me to run the stitch in the same direction as the tension.  You're right about  across the strap, but I tend to run a double line and not carry  a lot of weight in the bag.

You can also drop the loop length along the back of the bag to run a longer stitch before you close up the bag seam, but I don't know whether or not that is worth it because nobody seems to have done it and I'd be hard pressed to find a belt bag with more than three or four pounds in it.
Got it. Wasn't sure if there is enough real-estate on a belt loop for a small belt pouch to run the stitch correctly.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 12:25:42 AM »
Neat looking bag sir!