Author Topic: Fred Miller contact?  (Read 4983 times)

cheyenne

Fred Miller contact?
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:50:18 AM »
 :-\Tried searching, but didn't come up with anything...can somebody give me contact info for Fred Miller?

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
Re: Fred Miller contact?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:04:47 PM »
1-570-922-1861  noon or 6:00pm.  Fred has not embraced the technology age.  He has no computer or answering machine.   
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
I just today received three large holster pistols I had Fred inlet the barrels on - beautiful job (as usual) and a month ago he did a longrifle for me in English walnut.  If you can't reach him by phone (Lucky is correct - Fred not only doesn't embrace communication technology, he shuns it) his mailing address is:

Fred Miller
4025 Red Ridge Road
Mifflinburg, PA  17844
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »
Davec2,
         The last time I was in Fred was working on your pistol stocks,  and was showing off his depth gauge like a kid w/ a new toy.   

Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:11:39 AM »
Lucky,

Glad he liked it.  Fred is a man of few words.  I sent it just as a "thank you" for all the great work he has done for me.  When he sent the pistols back, he had included one of the depth gages he makes...it was a bent piece of wire taped to the side of the stock with a wry note... "Fred Miller depth gage, no charge".
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

jwh1947

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »
I can attest to the quality of Fred's work.  Many collectors might be shocked to find out how many master builder rifles he has inletted the barrels into and rough shaped.  He also sometimes comes up with good wood.  Don't try to get him during hunting season.  Also, he regularly eats lunch around noon so that is often a good time to call him on the phone. 

Offline alex e.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »
I can attest to the quality of Fred's work.  Many collectors might be shocked to find out how many master builder rifles he has inletted the barrels into and rough shaped.  
And the many patterns and information he willing to share.I was at his place on  Sat.
 Its like a candy store for adults  :) ;)

Alex.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:11:02 PM by alexsnr »
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

cheyenne

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 02:06:01 AM »
Thanks for the info guys....wrote him a letter, then just called today and spoke with him....spoke about the LOTM rifle, which he had made stocks for....I know, please don't throw rocks or ban me from the forum! ;D

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 02:28:27 AM »
Thanks for the info guys....wrote him a letter, then just called today and spoke with him....spoke about the LOTM rifle, which he had made stocks for....I know, please don't throw rocks or ban me from the forum! ;D

I'd say most of us have watched LOTM at least once ..... well, perhaps twice ..... well ...........  ;)
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

Leatherbelly

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 04:33:35 AM »
What's LOTM? Never heard of it.

$#@*, 3 minutes after I asked,I realized,LOL.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:35:07 AM by Leatherbelly »

cheyenne

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:41 AM »
 ;) ;D ;D

Offline Dale Campbell

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
Lord of the Mings?
Best regards,
Dale

Offline volatpluvia

• Doing mission work in sunny south, Mexico
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »
Davec2,
I know Fred Miller personally.  He is not a man of few words!  If you got the time he'll talk till you stop responding.  Good man to listen to.  Wise in many ways of the hills and farmlands where he lives.  Doesn't mind associating with us little guys.
volatpluvia
I believe, therefore I speak.  Apostle Paul.