Author Topic: Jericho revised....  (Read 2238 times)

Offline northup87

Jericho revised....
« on: October 31, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »
I played with the trigger, trigger guard over the last few day, taking in most all suggestions and revised it to match the motif of the gun itself instead of rounding and sharpening the edges I beveled everything in the same style as the rear stock.. I also realigned the trigger guard bar to match the flow of the guns wrist. I think next week I will make a new trigger as I don't really enjoy the straight trigger that is currently on it and perhaps start the browning process.... T. caster your absolutely right the third screw has nothing to do with the lock or trigger it was one of many newbie mistakes drilling my trigger sear hole a little to deep then deciding to reshape a little farther, and maybe a little farther till my hole popped through... I took quite a few pictures of the gun and it is pretty hard to fit a six and a half foot tall gun in the frame and show much of any detail.... so I broke it up where I could into sections.... Photo 4 should give a pretty decent idea of the height of the gun I'm 6'5" tall and it stretches a few inches taller than myself...

A.J. Downey

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: Jericho revised....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
You can easily heat and bend that trigger (out of the rifle of course). :)

Offline northup87

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
Roger Ive bent it backwards forwards and upside down already, and still have a prejudice towards it so I think Ill just sketch and fashion a new one for it that may match the gun better. There is still a long way to go on it before ill be pleased with the blending of dark and light colors on the rifle and the browning plus making more decorative barrel pins and roughing out a five foot ramrod... Its been a rainy miserable 2 weeks and felt like posting some pictures and doing something other than standing or walking in the rain waiting for ducks or grouse to jump....
A.J. Downey

eagle24

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:23:25 AM »
Northup,  I like it better with the plainer trigger.  I liked it the first time also.  I would like to know a little more about your trigger guard.  Is it 3 pieces with 2 forge welds?  I spent all afternoon burning coal in my new forge.  My wife wouldn't let me eat until I took a shower and I still smell like a coal fire.  I did manage to forge an 18th century screw driver.  Sort of.  ;D