Author Topic: Butte Montana Trail Walk  (Read 833 times)

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
Butte Montana Trail Walk
« on: September 13, 2022, 04:53:23 AM »
Butte Gun Club Trail Walk.
Rocker Range.

I don’t know how long its been since a ML match has been held here but hopefully they will continue.
The match  was held Sunday Sept 11, 2022.
PRB only.
26 targets. All steel hit or miss targets.
Butch Ulsher set this up and we had 14 competitors.
Everyone had a very good time. A tentative match is set for the first weekend of October and may be shot from the original Schuetzen House at the Rocker range if the weather is bad. I did not get any photos. I was not drafted to post this until it was too late.

We had no shoot off but had the following scores.  (Which led to Butch stating that he would move the targets back farther).  I told him an easy match was OK for the first one but we needed more difficult targets for subsequent matches. From my memory there were only 4 shooters shooting flintlocks
Dan Phariss, Bruce Benedict, Jake Traverna and one other whose name I cannot align with the rifle he shot.  But we had two groups of shooters who started at different points to speed the match. Shooters came from as far away as Livingston and Belgrade/Bozeman.

26 hits: Dan Phariss, Mike Mendloch, Ted Tompkins
25 Hits: Bruce Benedict, Trent Schutte, Eric Gilbertson
24 Hits: Kurt Hanson, Bob Kinna
22 Hits: Butch Ulsher
21 Hits: Dan Jones, Joe Henson
19 Hits: Jake Traverna, Dick (he failed to right is full name on the score card)
16 Hits: Paul Babb
It was a fun match.
Anyone in Montana interested in attending one PM me and I will pass along Butch’s number.

This range has been in continuous operation since 1893 and has one of of the very few surviving Schuetzen Houses in the US still in use.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 04:56:35 AM by Dphariss »
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
Re: Butte Montana Trail Walk
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 05:13:18 AM »
Wayne Estes built a gun for a friend of mine in Montana that might be interested. Please send me the contact information, I will be happy to pass it on. (He’s getting tired of shooting prairie dogs with it) Thank You Ap
Eat Beef