Author Topic: Late English locks  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Naphtali

• Starting Member
Late English locks
« on: September 25, 2022, 08:26:37 PM »
I'm ferreting out what I refer to as an "extremely late English lock." Pedersoli's Mortimer rifle/shotgun lock appears to fulfill my want. But except for a brief handling of a friend's Mortimer Rifle nearly 20 years ago, I've neither examined nor shot one.

Aside from price, does this lock have design problems that obstruct or interfere with its long-term use?

Does the lock have quality control issues?
I guess I want to know whether reliability and usability issues should preclude me from buying the lock.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Late English locks
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 08:55:59 PM »
A friend has a Pedersoli Mortimer fowling piece in 13 gauge that has been working perfectly for the past 20 or so years, and he is very difficult to beat shooting trap.  The lock is very impressive for a production piece.  I was unaware that the lock could be purchased separately...how much do "they" ask?
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 09:15:25 PM »
does this lock have design problems that obstruct or interfere with its long-term use?
Rather, the question should be will you live long enough to wear the lock out.  How much long term use do you have left?
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 05:41:48 AM »
Very nice locks, I am curious why they didn't use this design in their flintlock double.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 09:01:03 PM »
What about lock function of the pedersoli mortimer pistol flintlock lock

Offline flatsguide

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 11:54:12 PM »
I have two on order! This is the reply from them, they were very prompt.
Dear Mr. Martel,

“the Mortimer flint lock is being worked on.
They will likely be ready around March 2023.
If you want, we can create an order, without any obligation, to book one for you.
Or you can try to contact us again next year.”