General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Sight Adjustments - Is there something wrong here

<< < (10/14) > >>

Daryl:

--- Quote from: Pete G. on December 06, 2022, 12:34:04 AM ---I would try filing the notch in the rear sight before I tried anything else.

--- End quote ---

Just re-reading Pete's post, I went back and looked at the rear sight picture on page 1. The VERY tiny notch is not in the middle of the sight. If in the middle, (moved over and made large enough to see, that sight is already in the proper position and centered pretty much and the front sight is fine, not being EXACTLY in the middle - oh well.
In retrospect, I guess once the notch was moved to the middle, the rear sight would have to be drifted to the left a tich more. It does appear to be centered right now.

flinchrocket:
I don’t think you an tell much from the rear sight pic. Can’t locate the right ear to tell if the notch is centered or not.

Daryl:
Both ears show on my monitor, as-does the scooped front part and that little notch appears to favour left, not the middle.

flinchrocket:
On mine there is a shadow that obscures the right side. Not that it makes any difference at this point.

Molly:
I can post a better picture but I think the angle and shadow do obscure the "truth".  I see the notch perfectly centered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version