Author Topic: Builder Wayne Crouse  (Read 1125 times)

Offline HighUintas

Builder Wayne Crouse
« on: October 19, 2022, 07:20:14 PM »
Does anyone know of a Wayne Crouse? He is apparently deceased. I gentleman on my local hunting forum posted a picture of a flinter he bought that was built by Wayne. It is very pretty. I'm just wondering if anyone has any information about him or other rifles he had built.

Offline Kevin

Re: Builder Wayne Crouse
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 09:06:32 PM »
Greetings,

I did not know this gentleman but I did come onto this digitized information:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/saltlaketribune/name/wayne-crouse-obituary?id=29306624

WAYNE CROUSE OBITUARY
Wayne Crouse "Hawkeye"  PRICE - Wayne Crouse, age 65, passed away April 28, 2004 at his home.

Born March 30, 1939 in Maser, Utah to Raymond D. and Deon Pitt Crouse. Married Ina Curtis, April 25, 1958 in Moroni, Utah. Longtime resident of Carbon County and graduate of Utah Technical College where he received his Electrical Degree. In the 80's Wayne retired from Utah Power and Light where he held numerous positions and also created and managed the Electrical Program for U.P.&L. He loved visual arts and working with his hands. Wayne enjoyed wood carving, oil painting and making his black powder rifles from scratch. He loved camping, fishing, hunting and attending the Mountain Men Rendezvous.  Wayne was a proud and active member of the Army Reserve and the National Guard. His greatest love was for his children, grandchildren and his special dog, Andy. He will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved him. Survived by his wife, Ina Crouse, Price; daughter, Deborah Jill Crouse, Salt Lake; son, Steven Wayne (Jennifer) Crouse, Helper; three grandchildren, Morgan Crouse, Helper; Dainah and Michael Brockbank, both of Salt Lake; mother, Deon Crouse Smith, Price. Preceded in death by his father, and brother, Weldon Ray Crouse.  Funeral service, Saturday, May 1, 2004, 1:00 p.m., Mitchell Funeral Home. Family will be at Mitchell's Friday evening from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. and Saturday one hour prior to service. Interment, Price City Cemetery.

Published by The Salt Lake Tribune on Apr. 30, 2004.

Take Care,
Kevin