General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Mill’s fixed, flask done. Pistol flask with engraving

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Daigger:
I was getting ready to work on the lever when my mill motor quit so got carried away with a stylus. The flask holds about 650 grains of FFFg and is more Robertson elk antler. I’m making this to go with a German flintlock I’m making that Ron Scott made castings for.

Nothing like high resolution photos to point up mistakes and things that need improved. Manipulating the stylus is more of a challenge than I expected.

Dennis

Tim Crosby:
 That is really neat and well done. I know what you mean about Pix showing...let's say: "Issues" :D 
After posting a horn I have gone back and scraped the finish off and fixed the "Boo Boo".

Tim

Bull Shannon:

--- Quote from: Dennis Daigger on November 06, 2022, 12:36:17 AM ---I was getting ready to work on the lever when my mill motor quit so got carried away with a stylus. The flask holds about 650 grains of FFFg and is more Robertson elk antler. I’m making this to go with a German flintlock I’m making that Ron Scott made castings for.

Nothing like high resolution photos to point up mistakes and things that need improved. Manipulating the stylus is more of a challenge than I expected.

Dennis

--- End quote ---

Nothing short of awesome compared to my skills. Thanks for sharing!

Daryl:
Really nice work, Dennis. 8)

Marcruger:
Were you "boared" and decided to do this one?   LOL   ;D

Very cool flask.   Love the engraving and boar.   Two thumbs up. 

God Bless,   Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version