Author Topic: PB blocker?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline DavidC

PB blocker?
« on: November 14, 2022, 01:16:24 AM »
I'm placing an order with Missouri bullet co. for various ball and bullet needs and I saw this product: http://vps11098.inmotionhosting.com/~pbblocker/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/PB-Blocker-Brochure.pdf

Anyone have an opinion on this? Is it something worthwhile or a gimmick and does it have an application for muzzleloaders?

Offline JHeath

Re: PB blocker?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 03:11:04 AM »
The feedback I saw was from hardcore bullet casters (they spell it "boolits" if you're searching). This was 12 years ago. The product got some extremely negative feedback from them and was alleged to make leading *worse*. However, the same guys said it significantly reduced powder fouling.

I won't catalogue the methods these guys use to drive cast lead, sometimes at modern velocities, without lining their bores with smeared lead. But they are technologically innovative, have an extensive repertoire, and the product in question isn't included from what I see.

Patched balls don't lead barrels. Maybe the product would make powder fouling easier to clean. The manufacturer said, if desired, the product coating can be removed from a barrel by using brake cleaner.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 07:58:50 AM »
Never heard of it before. I can't access the link for some reason.
As noted, Patched balls do not lead the bore.
I most certainly would not want my bore coated with anything. I do not have a leading problem regardless of the gun used
and only 4 of them are ML's.
Use a proper alloy & lube to the velocity and powder being used, No Problemo.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 04:59:58 AM »
Personally I think its a waste of time. But then what do I know? Bore coatings and “seasoning” especially is not going to pass muster. .

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine