Author Topic: K. Weimer Double Set Triggers  (Read 1559 times)

Offline BigSkyRambler

K. Weimer Double Set Triggers
« on: November 20, 2022, 09:29:41 PM »
Working to rehabilitate - within my meager skills - a .45 plains rifle with Douglas barrel marked MADE FOR GOLDEN AGE ARMS, H.W. Robbins lock and double set triggers stamped. W. WEIMER. Anyone have any information on Weimer, as to when active? Thanks!

Offline alacran

Re: K. Weimer Double Set Triggers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 11:54:44 AM »
I have a couple of his triggers; one is in a target rifle the other one has a 10 inch by half inch plate. Haven't done anything with it. They are very well made.
I asked a couple of older builders, and both told me he was active in the '70s and early 80's.
Bob Roller may have more info on him.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 10:33:40 PM »
I remember the name and he did make good items for builders of muzzle loading guns.
The Robbins lock was made by Harold Robbins in Ypsilanti,Michigan and he had to work
while sitting in a wheel chair.He passed away several years ago.I don't know if Mr.Weimer
is still alive or not.So many have come and gone since I got involved in 1951 when I got
my first muzzle loader,a 58 caliber military short rifle dated 1860 with the name Tower on
the lock plate.Speaking of old timers,is WILLY BOITNOTT stile alive?The last time I talked to
him was in Friendship and he was 96 then.
Bob Roller
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 11:02:06 PM by Bob Roller »

Offline BigSkyRambler

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 03:24:40 AM »
Thanks for the info.  That 70s vintage seems to jibe with the rest of the rifle.

Offline Barry Strickland

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 07:56:35 PM »
Bob Roller
Yes Willie is still with us.  In fact he had a booth at Friendship last September.  I bought some parts from him. 
I used to shoot with him on his farm range back in the mid-1970's when I was working out of Maysville, KY. 
 He is a marvelous person. 
Barry

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 06:08:12 PM »
Bob Roller
Yes Willie is still with us.  In fact he had a booth at Friendship last September.  I bought some parts from him. 
I used to shoot with him on his farm range back in the mid-1970's when I was working out of Maysville, KY. 
 He is a marvelous person. 
Barry
Barry,
Thank you for the note about Willie and had I known he was going to be at Friendship I would have been there.
I always said he is a better mechanic than I am because he would/could repair guns that didn't rise to the level of junk.
I haven't been in the gunsmith shop for seveal years and he did a lot of repairs on whatever came in.

Bob Roller