Author Topic: My Trade Gun Kit  (Read 928 times)

Offline Panzerschwein

My Trade Gun Kit
« on: November 27, 2022, 10:47:49 PM »

Hey all! Just figured I’d share. This is my recently put together bag and horn kit for my Carolina Type G painted trade gun. The powder horn was made by Tim Crosby and the glass beaded wampum strap is from a seller on Etsy called Black Swamp Snark. The Lyman style belt pouch is by an unknown maker. It features a divider (as did the original) and in the front pocket I am carrying balls and greased tow wadding.

The rear pocket carries a small flint wallet with three gun flints, a vent pick, clean dry tow for cleaning the bore, small rag for wiping the frizzen etc., and a turnscrew. I plan on getting a tow worm soon and once I find the powder charge my gun likes, will be hanging a fixed powder measure from my horn.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:56:19 PM by Panzerschwein »

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
Re: My Trade Gun Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 03:11:23 AM »
This is the worm you seek. Sent over by the barrel full. In fact, a dedicated wiping stick would not be incorrrect.
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/587/1/WORM-PR-L
Psalms 144

Offline Panzerschwein

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 03:37:01 AM »
This is the worm you seek. Sent over by the barrel full. In fact, a dedicated wiping stick would not be incorrrect.
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/587/1/WORM-PR-L

Thanks, were those of the 1740s-1750s period? I understand those were common for 19th C guns but am unsure of their correctness for the earlier trade guns. Thanks!

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 04:18:02 AM »
I don't think there has ever been any evidence of any other type verified with English trade guns. I could be wrong though.
Psalms 144