General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Hammer stall

(1/2) > >>

BJH:
I need to make a hammer stall for a Kibler colonial lock. As I don’t have one here is the Chambers large Virginia frizzen similar enough to use as a pattern? BJH

D. Taylor Sapergia:
Cut a finger off a leather work glove.  There's you stall.

thecapgunkid:
Trace the face of your frizzen.  Then hold the paper firm against the back and trace that.  Add 1/4 inch to both tracings.
Then look down at what you have done, and what you have to do to stitch it and finish it after cutting it out and making sure you add a little tab for the thong because you can lose this thing in the living room let alone the woods..
Then go search and read some ..."Every Man A Cobbler"... by one of the crackpots on this forum.
Then re-read the post above mine by D.Taylor, a total madcap.
Flip a coin...

smylee grouch:
I think its the same frizzen but the two previous replys are spot on. When you cut the finger off leave one side long enuf for that thong tab.  ;)

D. Taylor Sapergia:
I've never used a frizzen stall.  Sometimes, when I return from an outing and haven't fired my rifle, I just leave it loaded.  But I put a couple layers of masking or duct tape over the face of the frizzen to remind me that the rifle has a load in it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version