General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

ALR December Postal Match

(1/15) > >>

D. Taylor Sapergia:
Thanks for the compliments fellas...appreciate it. 

December's match is going to be a do it yourself target.  It's Christmas, so the targets will be Christmas Tree ornaments, those hand blown glass bulbs we knew when we were kids.  The paper size I used is simple computer paper, 8 1/2" x 11" white.  I drew five bulbs as follows:  3", 2 1/2", 2", 1 1/2", and 1".  You can fill them in black as I did, or multi colour, or just an outline to suit your shooting style and artistic ability.  They are worth as follows:  1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 points each.  So shoot one shot at each bulb offhand at 25 yards, unsupported.  Use any muzzleloading rifle, smoothbore or pistol, any metallic sights.  Scored by the half ball...half ball in goes to higher score.  Your possible best score will be 15 points.  Shoot and submit as many targets as you care to...best single target wins December's postal match.
I post a picture of the target I drew.  You can scan this one and print it but be sure your bulbs are per the measurements provided.  Hope to see a good turn out and good luck to all.

Nessmuck:
Hey Pukka...Taylor took care of yah this month ...so you can shoot.

Pukka Bundook:
Very nice of Taylor!
Fingers crossed!

Near minus 30C tonight.
One time I would have shot , but not no more unless being shot at!

Seth Isaacson:
Should we be trying to keep the pattern close to yours in a 5 pattern from dice? Clustering them all together would of course make it easier to miss one and hit another. What is the rough distance between them?

Daryl:
Seth - I would assume clustered globes would raise the possibility to put 2 shots on one bulb. I suggest that would eliminate both (2) shots, leaving only 3 possible to score on that target.
It would be perhaps, not a good idea to "cluster" targets.
I also suspect Taylor means to have a maximum of 5 shots on each target?
It's only -20 here this morning, but still too cold to shoot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version