General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

My latset horn, finished today

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bob Gerard:
Thank you Wayne  :)

alacran:
i have been looking at this horn every day for the past three. I like the shape and the color, and I would still like it even if it wasn't carved and scrimshawed.
And the scrimshaw is very nice. But the part that keeps bringing me back is the plug for the spout. This may seem trivial, but I like the shape as it perfect to hold with your teeth while one is using the horn. I see you have a hole in it for attachment I suppose.
I do not really like to attach this plug to the horn, so I do loose them. Consequently, I have to make field expedient ones. 
I lost one while squirrel hunting a few weeks back. The replacement will be made in the shape you made.

Ken G:
Great looking horn.  Outstanding work.  I really like the tip.  Very functional.

Ken

Bob Gerard:
Thank you alacran and Ken G- I am sometimes surprised at how a horn may turn out as I work away at them. This one just kind of “ developed” as I rasped and filed away with the design idea unfolding as I went along. (The scrimshawing is a whole different story!)
The plugs all get a small hole for a string. No need to make something twice if ya don’t have to 😁

hanshi:
Beautiful horn!  I'd never use it in the bush but would keep it just for display.  Mine are all plain and crude and nothing could be done to them to make them look worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version