Author Topic: Rifle stand  (Read 1526 times)

Offline walt53

Rifle stand
« on: January 01, 2023, 01:41:59 AM »
I don’t know if this the right place so I’ll apologize now,I’m looking for a rifle stand to whenwhen at the range so my gun is not continuously sliding and trying to fall .
any pictures or ideas would be greatly appreciated.thankyou walt.

Offline flinchrocket

Re: Rifle stand
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 03:30:39 AM »
Spiderman also makes a range box that has a gun holder in the lid. I tried with no luck to find a picture. Maybe he’ll see this and post a picture.

Offline Jakob

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 03:40:55 AM »

Yeah, I made a similar range box, but it requires a bench/table to put it on.

Offline Bruce in WV

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 08:34:24 AM »
You might want to look at the carts/stands that the cowboy shooters use at matches for multiple guns, box for accessories, ammo, accoutraments, wheels to make it easy to move around, etc. Some are very well thought out and designed. Search on S.A.S.S. shooting carts or stands and see if there are styles and makers who have what you want.
I found many images, but don't know which ones are copyrighted, so can't post here, but they look very nce.
Yankee refugee living in the free state of WV

Offline recurve

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 06:44:29 PM »

here's what I made to clamp onto a  shooting bench at my gun club to hold while I load ( uses a drill press clamp to hold onto the bench) I use a rubber mat /carpet pad on the ground.  the cut out for the rifle is lined with leather

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 06:56:44 PM by recurve »

Offline Spalding

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 07:02:19 PM »
Although not very correct looking, I’ve got a couple of these I use frequently. They’re rubber coated and have a little weight to them, fit in the palm of my hand so I just keep one in my range box and one at my work bench at home. About $20. Scrap of carpet on the ground and they’re pretty stable.