Author Topic: Clay Smith Pistol kit  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Mauser06

Clay Smith Pistol kit
« on: January 13, 2023, 09:26:00 PM »
Anyone put together any of Clay Smith's pistol kits?? 

Looks like a nicely designed pistol and quality parts. 

I have 2 plank builds...when I did my first longrifle plank, I put together a Kibler Colonial to kinda help with the architecture and such even though my build was going to be a little different....

Thinking about doing the same and selling it after I'm done with it.   I'd love to see some finished examples and hear from anyone that has put his kit together. 

Thanx!

Offline Bigmon

Re: Clay Smith Pistol kit
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 01:52:22 AM »
I bought one maybe 6 months back but have not had time to start on it.  However I did quick check the fit of the parts, etc.  Seemed fine, the parts are good quality.

Offline Hunterdude

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
I have unstarted kit i am consider selling, i purchased while Waiting for my Kibler rifle kit....but rifle arrived sooner and pistol was never built.
   Kit looks nice, mine is curly maple and 50cal, i would rather put the $ towards another Kibler rifle.

Offline Dwshotwell

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 10:00:13 PM »
I’m halfway finished with one. Quality components and overall my stock was good, although a few of the inlets were a bit off. If I had it do over I would have asked if I could just have the barrel inlet and the stock rough - shaped and inlet the parts myself - I find that easier. At this point I have everything assembled and good except the rear trigger guard. It may be a while before I finish it though as I’ve had to set it aside for a different time - sensitive project.
David Shotwell