Author Topic: Steve Davis  (Read 5531 times)

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
Re: Steve Davis
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2023, 12:17:51 AM »
Stoner creeks display is a fantastic gun show All by itself. Great guns.

Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !

Offline Cash MFG

• Starting Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2023, 09:42:29 PM »
I have a friend that has a Steve Davis 50 cal gun (images below). He believes it was his first gun and we were hoping to help him contact Steve Davis directly or someone that may know more info on his guns. Our friend has Parkinson's and is trying to sell his gun collection. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
~Scott Pobjoy
Owner of Cash MFG

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2023, 10:30:12 PM »
I just sent you a pm. Check your personal messages.
Thanks
W
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Sequatchie Rifle

• Global Moderator
  • F. & A.M. Helion #1; 3rd SFG(ABN)
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
https://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/2011/04/steve-davis-rifle.html?m=1

This is the one I had. Steve made it for one of his squirrel camp buddies. They used to camp on the Duck River in Sumner County each October for a week of squirrel hunting. I took it to the Lake Cumberland Show and it was photographed.
"We fight not for glory, nor riches nor honors, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.” Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

Offline Tnlonghunter

• Starting Member
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2023, 02:46:41 AM »
My family bought the log cabin and some land from Steve back in '99 when he initially downsized. It was actually Hickman County, but just off the Duck River.

We were neighbors for about 10-12 years before he moved to Michigan. I got to see his shop and several of his rifles in that time, though he was always pretty busy and we never did get to shoot together. I was in early 20s and just getting into muzzleloading, so it was a real treat having someone like him to guide me along. Funny, he never really let on his actual standing in the community. I had no idea he worked under Herschel House, though the influence was clear once I knew what to look for. One of Steve's was the inspiration for a build I did a couple years ago, though no where near as refined.

I wish I had known more and been able take better use of the time I knew him. He was pretty staunch in his views of what made a good rifle, but he clearly knew his stuff. I might be able to get his contact info, as my Mom still communicates with Steve's wife every couple of years.

Offline art riser

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2023, 04:57:55 PM »