General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Getting Bullet Out of Flintlock

<< < (2/5) > >>

Von Hayek:
Thanks for all of the great advice. Unscrewing the breech plug seems the way to go although I think I would like to pursue the compressed air first. I suppose the only way to get air in there is force it through the touch hole?

bluenoser:
Perhaps invest in a CO2 ball discharger.  They are relatively inexpensive and work well.

Col. Barnett:
Before trying to remove the breechplug, go to the Dollar Store and get a bottle of nail polish remover (acetone). Pour down the barrel, plug the bore and let it sit outdoors for awhile.  If it is a plastic sabot, it will soften or dissolve and the lead may(?) come right out

Fyrstyk:
If you don't want to try blowing out the bullet with compressed air or taking off the breech plug, you might want to try forcing the projectile out using a grease.  Take out the touch hole liner and get a Zerk fitting with matching treads.  Pump the grease in until the projectile comes out.  It is a messy thing to clean up, but the projectile will come out. 

okawbow:
I would use a steel range rod and make a 1/4 diameter pulling screw, by turning or grinding down the shank and threading to fit the range rod. Should pull out if you can get enough threads screwed in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version