Author Topic: Anybody in West Tn?  (Read 951 times)

Offline RDJ0402

• Starting Member
Anybody in West Tn?
« on: January 30, 2023, 10:26:37 PM »
Just want to start off by saying that I have zero experience with flintlock guns. I have a little Traditions Crockett rifle that I like alot, but I really want to get a flintlock in the future. I really don’t know what I want or what to look for in a gun and do not k ow anyone that even owns one. I’m reaching out here, looking for someone in West Tn that wouldn’t mind me tagging along on a range trip and teaching me a few things about flintlocks.

I am located in Milan Tn. If anyone is close by I would appreciate very much hearing from you.

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Anybody in West Tn?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 11:33:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Are you wanting a -plinker type target gun or some thing for hunting ?

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 02:22:07 AM »
PM sent
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 12:21:31 AM »
I am about 2 1/2 hours south west of you in NW Alabama, if you want to drive over you are welcome, I live in the Florence area. I have built 5 flintlocks, have owned several TC flintlocks and have some experience with CVA, Traditions and Lyman flintlocks.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 12:59:23 AM »
I think he has disappeared.  I sent him a PM and never heard back.  He's less than an hour from me.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline RDJ0402

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 03:13:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Are you wanting a -plinker type target gun or some thing for hunting ?

Probably both with a lean towards plinking.