Author Topic: The “guts” of John Hall and “JJ”  (Read 615 times)

Offline cornbread

• Starting Member
The “guts” of John Hall and “JJ”
« on: February 02, 2023, 08:55:04 AM »
Hello,

A “new member of my family” arrived home yesterday and although she and the “Yak Woman” cousin Eddie knows compete for last in looks - she’s ‘beautifully ugly’ to her doting father.

Disassembly and TLC began today. I’m posting pictures in case you’ve never seen what the guts of one of these things looks like. All of ‘Mr. Hall’s Invention’ I’ve seen were in books or behind panes of glass. Getting one is like finally shaking the hand of a ball player you’ve only seen on TV or bubblegum cards.

I got the barrel and receiver group away from the stock without damaging further the tail end any collector or owner has or has seen (mine is no exception) then stopped for the night once I saw the “JJ” and 2 dots “:” and 3 hash marks “///“ visible on many parts.

Any help identifying these and tips or tricks moving forward would be GREAT and I’ll try to apply these before I pick back up this Friday.

Humbly and thankfully yours,
James

Offline cornbread

• Starting Member
Re: The “guts” of John Hall and “JJ”
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 09:00:46 AM »
Can’t post pictures…hmm???

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: The “guts” of John Hall and “JJ”
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 11:33:29 AM »
Can’t post pictures…hmm???

Sorry but it looks like imgbb.com (photo host) is still having problems. Their server/s are not connecting to our servers request to connect and upload a photo.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson