Author Topic: ignition problems please help  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
Re: ignition problems please help
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2023, 05:17:52 AM »
NP - sounds to me like you are going to have to pull the breach and 'fix' it- if the 'anti-chamber' is smaller than at least 3/8". I do agree with Dan, that should be large enough.
If you don't submerge the barrel in a bucked of water and flush water into and out of the gun, this area will never get clean. THAT might also be a problem - old fouling built up.

Since the swivel is not “dismounable” without complete disassembly I used the pour in and slosh method. And a stepped jag that will go down in the breech. But I also know there are no fouling traps in the breech.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline petejc

• Starting Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2023, 08:51:05 AM »
This is my 2 cents worth....The flash hole is too high and not lined up with the center of the lowest part of the pan....just a thought
U.S. Navy 61 to 65, Pa. State Trooper 30 yrs, NRA Life member

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2023, 06:01:17 PM »
Different opinions, I don't think the hole is too high and if you put enuf powder in the pan and have a good sparking lock you should get good ignition.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2023, 10:01:24 PM »
That pan has high sides and the vent is actually below the sun-set position. I see that as a positive design for the potential ignition speed.
Something HAS to be stopping the charge from sitting next to the vent, in order for ignition to be poor. The OP's pictures show powder granuals
all over the place - that has me puzzled as to the possible reason why.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline adkmountainken

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2023, 03:39:36 AM »
again wanted to thank all who helped

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2023, 07:52:31 PM »
If you tilt the primed rifle towards the vent and push powder into the hole, will it fire?

Offline wolf

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2023, 02:46:21 PM »
do you swab after every shot? if so, maybe there is moisture in the breach. i shoot all day long and never not one time "swab" my guns go off like lightning. the way to end swabbing and excess moisture is use dawn dish soap and water, mixed about 30-70% on a patch. don't know if this is your problem but it could be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have never "harvested" a critter but I have killed quite a few,,,,,,,,,,,