General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Black Powder Shooting

(1/3) > >>

83nubnEC:
a question to those who make their own roundball lube. To what consistency do you make the lube? Semi hard (to where you rub the patch against the lube) or to a tooth paste constancy and apply by putting the lube on your fingers and rubbing against the patch? Thanks for any input to questions.

smylee grouch:
There will be many different methods. I like my patches soaked clear through with lube. I use Bear oil, or Hoppies or a Bear oil/track of the wolf mink oil mix.

Daryl:
No matter what I am using for lube, the patch is saturated, then squeezed out to remove the excess. I like oils for hunting, marmot oil, Track's Mink Oil (heated and soaked in) or Neetsfoot Oil, Bear oil. Bear grease heated and soaked in. In that order of preference.

Pukka Bundook:
Same here,
Patch soaked in deer tallow and squeezed out a bit, or put on paper to cool and set.

MuskratMike:
You are going to get as many answers as you get reply's. After years of trying different lubes (all worked, just some better than others) I settled on a 50/50 mix of T.O.T.W. mink oil and PURE Neeetsfoot oil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version