General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

The Mulebrain Palm Saver Short Starter Hack!

(1/3) > >>

Mule Brain:
I shoot from the bag much of the time especially on woods walks. I came up with this idea and I really like it. It really helps get the ball seated on the powder
charge easily. I short start as normal, then run the ball down with the rod, then smack it as shown. This is really a big help with tighter fitting loads etc..

Dwshotwell:
Brilliant simplicity. That’s a great idea.

tooguns:
Ok, now I understand what was being discussed in another post. Great  idea thanks for sharing!

smylee grouch:
I have one of those " short starters " but it didn't start out to be that way. The short stubby brass nub on one of my starters had fallen out and the hole that held it looked like a good fit for the end of the loading stick.

Daryl:
I posted a video here, many years ago, showing the use of a short starter using the short stud to first get the ball and patch into the muzzle, then the long starter shaft to get it 6" down,
then when once almost on the powder, the hole in the starter's knob is placed on the end of the rod and given a smack with the palm, to seat the ball with the correct (the same) amount
of compression each time.
Anyone want to see that one, PM me your e-mail.  The picture site used here will not post it from my computer & I no longer have anything to do with photobucket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version