General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Cold weather shooting

(1/6) > >>

hortonstn:
Does black powder shooting in cold 30 degree temp act the same as in 70-80 degree temp
Accuracy is my concern ?

Semisane:
I've never noticed a difference in group size that was weather related. However, sweat in your eyes and foggy glasses when it really hot and humid, or shivering cold can affect the shooter.

Wil:
I don't take anything for granted when it comes time to place a humane kill on an animal. Even though I shoot pretty much at any time throughout the year, I always try to re check my zero's in the type of weather conditions that I will be hunting in, no matter what type of firearm I will be using. I have some that hold to zero all year and some that simpy, do not. And yes, there could me an adverse effect on accuracy between cold and hot weather and one of the variables that can affect that is simply the wood stock being affected by the temperature swings.

Daryl:
with my 14 bore hunting rifle, there has not been a poi change, no matter the weather, between 110F and -40F. Seems to be unaffected by temp.

Pukka Bundook:
With the charge you burn Daryl, I think it warms the barrel and countryside on the way out!

At minus 40 I used to like to try and keep my lock inside my coat for fear of busting the mainspring.
Now I don't do minus 40 anymore!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version