General discussion > Antique Gun Collecting

(1/1)

baskette:
Greetings,

My name is Michael Basektte and I reside in Kentucky.  I have joined this forum in hopes to learn more about antique long rifles and collecting of such.  I am foremost interested in the works of Ambrose Lawing  who happens to be my 2X great grandfather.  I am originally from Johnson City, Tennesse, not to far from Flag Pond, TN where Mr. Lawing set up shop. My extended family resides in Washington and Greene Counties of East Tennessee.  My Lawing connection is through my mothers family, the Sheltons. Originally from Shelton Laural, NC.

Thanks,
Mike

WElliott:
Welcome, Mike.  This is a good place to learn.  You should plan to attend the Tennessee Kentucky Rifle Show which will be held April 23-24, 2010, at the Museum of Appalachia in Norris, Tennessee just north of Knoxville.  That is a good place to see some original rifles and talk to knowledgeable collectors.  Watch on this site for further information early next year. Have you seen a Lawling rifle?  They have a distinctive cheekpiece and very collectable.  Happy hunting.
Wayne

jwh1947:
Residing in Kentucky, be sure to visit the CLA annual meeting in Lexington (Rupp Center) in August.  You won't regret it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version