General discussion > Antique Gun Collecting

Gunbroker Kentuckies

(1/1)

msmith:
Now that all of those nice Kentucky Rifles on gunbroker are sold. Can some of you experienced collectors summarize who made these rifles and what you thought of the final prices,etc.?I always like to hear what the longtime collectors think.Being a novice to collecting antique longrifles.Your words are appreciated.

Hurricane ( of Virginia):
Northampton $7,120.00
L. Coon $3,600
Roop  $4,200

Seems to me , it says that good quality guns ( if these were) still hold their value. In respect to Morphy's offerings at an Average of $2000 per gun, perhaps many "problem" guns , too many in one place at one time, insufficient picture detail?

jwh1947:
I see it differently.  In my mind I see common stuff being sold for higher than reasonable prices.  What it tells me is that I need to get some of these good PA rifles up on the Internet, rather than sell them to friends who end up doing it at a tidy increase.

Incidentally, ever hear that old adage, "Today's junk is tomorrow's treasure"?  Nothing can be farther from the truth.  Junk is junk, period, and good items are good items.  Tomorrow that junk will still be junk, but it will be the jewels that go up exponentially in value.   

The Internet certainly has enhanced the opportunities for moving both the good and the more humble stuff, and I guess I might as well get used to it and maybe even ride this pony.   

Majorjoel:
I also noticed that the bulk of these rifles were bought by the same person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version