Author Topic: Lock tumbler mill  (Read 2249 times)

Online Bob Roller

Re: Lock tumbler mill
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2023, 03:19:41 PM »
I  made my locks as good as they needed to be and failures were rare by using materials I knew were more than adequate and they are all over the world.I am done with lock making and make only a trigger on a very limited basis and I enjoy NOT doing anything else.
I don't know about "fine"but maybe someone can post a picture of one of my 3 or 4 screw locks.I have primitive equipment but it worked
for me.I am a bench craftsman now 87 years old and have purged the words"Labor intensive"from my vocabulary.My machine tools are 4 Atlas/Craftsman lathes,a Delta/Rockwell drill press and a small Chinese made one that was a gift.A Clausing 8520 vertical mill and modified
bench grinders.The Atlas/Clausing machines represent the finest in 1920's technology ;D.In 2017 my old horizontal American made bandsaw passed away and no parts available.I paid $200 in 1963 for it and replaced it with a Chinese made one that is bigger and well made and it cost,54 years later,$279+tax at Harbor freight.
Getting to A2,I am aware of it but never tried it and see no need to now.I made my last lock in 2019 and no strong interest in restarting.
Bob Roller

Offline Ameristahl

• Starting Member
Re: Lock tumbler mill
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2023, 08:40:49 PM »
Like i said not criticizing, just putting the info out there