Author Topic: A KIBLER MOUNTAIN RIFLE  (Read 2235 times)

Offline yip

A KIBLER MOUNTAIN RIFLE
« on: May 10, 2023, 03:38:25 PM »
 A FRIEND JUST FINISHED HIS FIRST KIBLE KIT AND I'M VERY IMPRESSED, CHECK IT OUT

Offline ScottH

Re: A KIBLER MOUNTAIN RIFLE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 06:41:44 PM »
Nice looking SMR. Looks like the addition of the patch box was done very well.  8)

Offline Joey R

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 10:26:14 PM »
I think I see a nose cap as well.
Joey.....Don’t ever ever ever give up! Winston Churchill

galudwig

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 02:43:16 AM »
He did a very nice job with it. Always neat to see builders upgrade their kit guns with things like patchboxes and nose caps. Great experience gained through adding such embellishments.

Offline hudson

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 06:13:56 AM »
Nice job love those mountain rifles.

Offline Crow Choker

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 05:36:56 PM »
yip-Curious as to where your friend got his nosecap at or did he craft it himself? Would like to add one to a Kibler SMR build I have. They may not be correct, but I think a MZ without one looks as if something is missing and they do IMO protect the end of the stock. Not concerned about not being correct or they didn't have them 'back in the day'. I'm aware of the SMR rifle stock being thin and light at the end but I've seen pictures here and there with the K SMR having them.

Offline Grischi

• Youtube: 'Ist das Kunst oder kann das weg?'
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 07:16:40 PM »
A really nice gun especially with the upgrades.

Christian

galudwig

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 07:33:17 PM »
yip-Curious as to where your friend got his nosecap at or did he craft it himself? Would like to add one to a Kibler SMR build I have. They may not be correct, but I think a MZ without one looks as if something is missing and they do IMO protect the end of the stock. Not concerned about not being correct or they didn't have them 'back in the day'. I'm aware of the SMR rifle stock being thin and light at the end but I've seen pictures here and there with the K SMR having them.

They are a totally correct addition to mountain rifles. The Kibler SMR forend is pretty thin, but there is plenty of wood to do either a full metal cap or a poured pewter one. You just have to take your time and take care not to remove too much wood.

Offline yip

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 12:22:28 AM »
 CROW CHOKER;  HE MADE THE NOSE CAP FROM SCRATCH.

Offline Crow Choker

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 04:18:30 PM »
CROW CHOKER;  HE MADE THE NOSE CAP FROM SCRATCH.

Was thinking that may be the case as Kibler doesn't offer one and in checking a number of MZ parts outfits online I haven't seen any that may/would be compatible. Would like one to be steel to match the rest of the furniture, don't care to pour a pewter one as have never done so and don't want to mess the stock up even though it looks pretty straight forward as long as certain steps are followed. Would like to find a preformed steel cap that fit or could be altered to fit.

Offline TDM

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 09:48:13 PM »
Very nice wood on that rifle.

Offline Turkeycreek

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 05:56:14 PM »
Very nicely done! Your friend did a great job.
TC