Author Topic: Trying to Find Rifle built by Will Sater October 1998 Muzzle Blasts Magazine  (Read 1085 times)

Offline johnsater

• Starting Member
I'm trying to find this rifle that my brother Will Sater built and was featured in the October 1998 Muzzle Blast magazine.

Any information on the current owner would be greatly appreciated. I know it was originally purchased by a collector and do not know if it has changed hands over the years.

Thank you,

John Sater

Offline Daryl

Beautifully ornate.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline t.caster

Gorgeous first-time rifle! Wait...WHAT? Yah, that's what Will Sater said when it won BEST OF SHOW at Dixon's Gun Fair in either '89 or '91.  it has a ton of Keith Casteel's influence and guidance in it! It may not be historically correct, but artistically it is fabulous!
Tom C.

Offline Blacksmoke

• "Old age and treachery beats youth and skill"
For what it is worth - I did some up grades & and repairs on this exact rifle many yrs. ago when I lived in South Dakota. A local gun store contacted me for help in trying to sell it. After I finished the repairs I suggested that the owners auction at James Julia auction house. The hammer price was $17,000 I believe.  I contacted Will Sater to let him what had happened.  And that is all that I know about that rifle.  Hugh Toenjes
H.T.