Author Topic: Tactacam camera  (Read 767 times)

Offline 83nubnEC

Tactacam camera
« on: May 16, 2023, 07:57:10 PM »
Does anyone use the Tactacam Solo Extreme with their full stock muzzleloader? Is there a Tactacam company mount that works on a full stock MZ?  I would like to mount mine on a TVM fowler for turkey hunting. I use mine on my crossbow and it takes great video of your kill shots, so I would like to mount it on my muzzleloader flintlocks.

Offline Daryl

Re: Tactacam camera
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 10:30:26 PM »
Would the smoke not obscure the "bird"?
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 02:53:16 AM »
I have thought about that a time or two, seems to me you'd have to mount it under the gun somehow along the ramrod or ramrod channel, maybe mounted to a rod in the pipes instead of a normal ramrod.  And yeah, I wouldn't count on much post trigger pull film!!!
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

Offline 83nubnEC

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 04:41:34 PM »
Daryl- that's part of suspense of turkey hunting with a flintlock smoothbore. You don't know for sure if you got the bird until the smoke clears. So hold your sight as steady as you can before the shot. I have tried taping the Tactacam to the side of the stock and that works ok, but would rather have some type of mount to make it easier to remove the camera and that leaves no residue on the stock and barrel. You do get all the smoke and unburnt powder in the video along with the turkey and decoys!

Offline Daryl

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 05:58:06 PM »
Interesting! Unburnt powder?
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Yazel.xring

• Ethan Yazel ILoveMuzzleloading.com
    • I Love Muzzleloading
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 08:44:28 PM »
Is there any way to mount a magnet to the camera? Another shooting camera offers a magnet attachment for shotguns. Not sure if it would alter the harmonics though.
Hi, I’m Ethan and I Love Muzzleloading

ILoveMuzzleloading.com, independently reporting on muzzleloading and the people who have kept it going for generations.

Offline 83nubnEC

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 10:01:07 PM »
The camera is only 4" long and about the size of a Bushnell Red Dot sight. Matter of fact I use the same lens cover on both! Magnet may interfere with electronics of the video, don't know??Daryl, I meant to say sparks from burnt powder exiting the barrel can be seen on the video, not unburnt powder. My Bad:-[