Author Topic: SHOT Show in Las Vegas JAN 19-22  (Read 2511 times)

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
SHOT Show in Las Vegas JAN 19-22
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »
Anyone here go to this? Its a seller/buyer show, not open to the public but I thought I would ask.

Ken
Galations 2:20

Offline Jerry V Lape

Re: SHOT Show in Las Vegas JAN 19-22
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
I went to it once.  Huge show but not of much interest to an individual.  Meant to bring the manufacturers and retailers  together and to make their annual orders.  It is all items of current manufacture.  In the same time frame Beinfield's Antique Arms Show is in Las Vegas at the Rivera.  I make that show regularly as it does have some items more pertinent to this discussion board. 

You can't get into the Shot Show unless you are a dealer or get a dealer to say you are his employee.  Make sure to get your name on the list well in advance so you can pickup your ID badges when you arrive.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:30:15 PM »
I have not yet decided whether I will go or not. I have been invited to attend and help sell a muzzleloading product. I wondered if there was enough of a blackpowder marketing presence to justify the trip... I see that Dixie Gunworks, Pedersoli, Navy Arms, the NMLRA will have a booth there. Goex too.

Ken
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:32:01 PM by Ken Prather »

Offline Jerry V Lape

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:55:16 AM »
Ken, I doubt there would be enough black powder audience for you.  As the audience is retailers, the only black powder related items of general interest there will likely be related to modern inlines.  The same stuff you already find on the shelves at Cabela's or Bass Pro type places. 

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »
Yeah--better audience would be the Eastern and Western National shoots, since this is primarily a traditional ML product. But it has modern applications too, so we'll see.

Ken