Author Topic: Melchior Fordney Rifle Display  (Read 1956 times)

Offline utseabee

Melchior Fordney Rifle Display
« on: September 08, 2023, 11:09:49 PM »
   There is going to be a display of signed Melchior Fordney rifles coming up at this year's Eastern Pa Longrifle show. Is anyone on here going to the show to see these rifles? They had a spectacular Dickert display a few years ago and there are always some great rifles on the tables at this show. In the past, I've seen rifles there by Beck, Beyer, Dickert, Gumph, Valentine Fondersmith, John Fondersmith, Schroyer, Shriver, and too many more to remember. There are usually some great contemporary builders set up there also. These local shows are a real gem and  the people that put them together spend a lot of time and effort to organize the shows. We really need to support these local shows and keep them going. They give anyone the opportunity to see and possibly handle some great original rifles.
    I've always been more interested in the earlier Lancaster rifles, but Fordney's work has always intrigued me. I would love to see any pictures of Melchior Fordney rifles that you would be willing to post here for everyone to admire.
Hope to see you at the show.
John
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 11:51:09 PM by utseabee »
The difficult we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline Mark Tyler

Re: Melchior Fordney Rifle Display
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 11:26:07 PM »
Mac always puts on a great display and show. Nice venue too. Well with the trip if you can make it.

https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=75991.0

Offline Mac

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 04:14:27 PM »
Update
 4 days to show 9/29,30/2023
The EPLShow /KRF display of Fordney rifles/fowlers will have 8 of them for your viewing pleasure and more possibly. On a separate display will be the
"Running Deer Rifle" and two displays of New England rifles, display of Gunsmith made tools and wet stone horns.
Will be many great things to examine/purchase from restoration pieces to untouched and contemporary made pieces and there's always many antique none Pa /KY rifle pieces i.e. Rev War/CW/Powder Horns/muskets
Show is sold out
Thanks to all ALR members for their support of the 14th. Annual Eastern Pennsylvania Longrifle Show
Mac

Offline Mac

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 06:18:30 PM »
There will be a display of Jacob Hauck rifles also
Mac

Offline utseabee

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 06:24:10 PM »
Update
 4 days to show 9/29,30/2023
The EPLShow /KRF display of Fordney rifles/fowlers will have 8 of them for your viewing pleasure and more possibly. On a separate display will be the
"Running Deer Rifle" and two displays of New England rifles, display of Gunsmith made tools and wet stone horns.
Will be many great things to examine/purchase from restoration pieces to untouched and contemporary made pieces and there's always many antique none Pa /KY rifle pieces i.e. Rev War/CW/Powder Horns/muskets
Show is sold out
Thanks to all ALR members for their support of the 14th. Annual Eastern Pennsylvania Longrifle Show
Mac

Glad to hear that all of the tables are sold out. That's awesome! Should make for a great show.

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 06:53:54 PM »
I am going to make this show one day. Unfortunately I will not make this show, it sounds like it will be a fabulous one to see. Big John, I hope you enjoy it enough for the both of us.
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Mac

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 10:07:29 PM »
Should have said "Hoak" display not Hauck only one of this known
Mac

Offline Jdbeck

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 10:16:51 PM »
Looking forward to this show!

Offline utseabee

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 12:12:20 AM »
I am going to make this show one day. Unfortunately I will not make this show, it sounds like it will be a fabulous one to see. Big John, I hope you enjoy it enough for the both of us.

Jim,
   I'll definitely enjoy it enough for both of us though. I always do! I look forward to you blessing us with your presence sometime, it would be great to see you up here.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 11:29:59 PM »
Hope to make it this year, missed the last two.
Kunk

Offline VP

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2023, 03:16:45 AM »
The Kentucky Rifle Foundation will have a sales table with all their products available. Great time to pick up our products and save the shipping costs.

VP

Offline Jdbeck

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 03:14:11 AM »
Phenomenal pieces on display today, if you can make the trip tomorrow it’s worth the trip!

Offline utseabee

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2023, 12:31:12 AM »
    There were some really great rifles at the show this year and the Fordney display was awesome. I do not have any pictures to share as my photography skills are severely lacking. Maybe someone will post a few. Thank you Mac for all your hard work in getting this set up.

Offline gusd

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2023, 04:20:04 PM »
The Fordney display was wonderful. Many original guns to look at and study.
Thanks Mac for another great show.
Gus