Author Topic: Kibler SMR almost finished  (Read 1200 times)

Offline J.M.Browning

Kibler SMR almost finished
« on: November 12, 2023, 03:16:16 AM »
I bought the rifle December 2020 working on it on & off , I wanted the look of a old gun loved & used & a little personalized by the  owner .

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 03:32:09 AM by J.M.Browning »
Thank you Boone , Glass with all the contemplate I read with todays (shooter's lightly taken as such) , you keep things simple .

Offline Daryl

Re: Kibler SMR almost finished
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 07:50:45 PM »
That's cool. VERY dark stock - interesting.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline wibper

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 08:02:32 PM »
Pretty cool.  I think you more than achieved your objective.  8)

Offline reddogge

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 08:27:37 PM »
Very neat. When you think about it, it is the kind of thing a farmer in the mountains could have done to his rifle to personalize it. I'd like to see the finished and assembled rifle. I like the color of the stock too. Great job.

Offline elk killer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 08:54:33 PM »
Thats cool nice to see something different
only flintlocks remain interesting..

Offline Matt Evans

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 10:46:45 PM »
Nice job. I think you definitely personalize it. Also like the darker wood.

Offline J.M.Browning

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 05:59:48 AM »
Thank you for the positive comments.Victor
Thank you Boone , Glass with all the contemplate I read with todays (shooter's lightly taken as such) , you keep things simple .

Offline Crow Choker

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 05:34:16 PM »
Nice job, I like the color relationship between the stock and metal. Great color on stock. I thought I was the only one buying a Kibler (or other) that has a large period of time between buying a kit and still not having it complete a.s.p. Read posts here and on the Muzz.Load forum where posters will receive on a Monday and be shooting rifle by Friday. No problem, but again, I thought I was the only one slow as a turtle.

Offline J.M.Browning

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 05:28:17 AM »
Nice job, I like the color relationship between the stock and metal. Great color on stock. I thought I was the only one buying a Kibler (or other) that has a large period of time between buying a kit and still not having it complete a.s.p. Read posts here and on the Muzz.Load forum where posters will receive on a Monday and be shooting rifle by Friday. No problem, but again, I thought I was the only one slow as a turtle.
I have more than a week in my loading rod - yes you can build a kit in a few days . I believe a Kibler workshop is also available for a few days assembly . I picked away almost three year's for a very enjoyable time I would also add I'm a very avid reloader I load several vintage Winchester black powder metallic cartridge calibers and several propitiatory vintage smokeless cartridges . I cast a lot of bullets & reload on vintage gear even some Ideal this takes a lot of my free time . The rifle was - is in my shop - reloading room I would take loading breaks with the Kibler and enjoyed very much I will miss this project when its done . My approach to this wonderful rifle was very much non hurried , no you are not the only turtle we are most likely in a small group that will admit on a Forum publicly  time  finishing- final assembly of something already built . Enjoy your project & most of all thank you for your kind words . And do post some photos of your rifle ! Thank you Victor