Author Topic: Anthony Bonnet rifles  (Read 891 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Anthony Bonnet rifles
« on: October 12, 2023, 04:32:43 AM »

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Bill Paton

Re: Anthony Bonnet rifles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 04:31:48 PM »
Rob,
What is the unusual multi-barrel swivel rifle in the photo with the blue shirt, car hood, and porch in the background? Do you have any other images of it or any more information on it?
Bill Paton
Kentucky double rifle student
wapaton.sr@gmail.com

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 10:57:14 PM »
It’s a very unique four barrel swivel. I have more photos.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 01:17:13 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Online Tanselman

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 07:18:18 PM »
It's neat to see the diversity in his work, since all are percussion era rifles with commercial parts, when most gunsmiths' work was becoming more routine. He sure liked extended butt plate heels... I bet they really stuck in the ground and didn't move when set down butt-first to load!

Shelby Gallien