Author Topic: November Postal Match  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Daryl

Re: November Postal Match
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2023, 01:29:10 AM »
Doubles are sometimes hard to see, without a backer. Good shooting with a flinter, alacran.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline foresterdj

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »
Last chance for me this month. Kibler SMR .36 (.35RB) .020 patch Hoppes lube, 40 Gr FFFg, 4F prime. Cloudy, 29 degrees, breezy, snow flakes in the air. By second set my bare fingers could barely pick a lubed patch out of my percussion cap tin. Rushed the 2nd target and did better on it than the first. Got loaded up, stepped to side of bench, brought to full cock and pulled set trigger as butt got to arm, acquired site picture, pulled to target and pulled off shot as soon as sights hit the black. No time to waver or wobble.

I would score #1 as 32 (10+8+8+6+0) and #2 as 46 (10+10+9+9+8), though technically both zero as I shoot a peep sight.

And it looks like I need black printer ink.

Offline okawbow

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2023, 09:23:18 PM »
Didn’t have a chance to shoot this month. I didn’t want to spook the deer out of the area, as I hunt within 200 yards of my house. I’ll try and find time in December.
As in life; it’s the journey, not the destination. How you get there matters most.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2023, 10:17:41 PM »
Last day to enter folks!  foresterdj:  you need three targets for the aggregate too.  Although I didn't specify in the rules regarding sights, my intention was to have open iron sights which disqualify peep sights.  Sorry for not being clear.
Currently Muskrat Mike McGuire is in the lead with an impressive score of 148 7X!  But it's a huge 10 ring lads - come on!!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline foresterdj

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2023, 12:33:53 AM »
My first target, earlier in the month did not need to be submitted, it would have been a zero, nothing in the black (how embarrassing). Also, I knew it was open sight, hence my comment that my 2  scores shown are technically zero. Matters not to me, still a reason to go out and shoot. My old T/C .50 Hawken has open sights, but I switched everything I had and currently build to peep, since I just cannot get a good focus on open iron. It prevents me from attending any shoots or events, but only helps me when trying to hit something. Well, that and being able to steady my aim on a tree, post or bench.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2023, 07:46:35 PM »
Well, here it is December 1st!  Mike McGuire (Muskrat Mike) is the winner of November's match -congratulations Mike, some very fine shooting.  My thanks to all those who participated - you're all winners in my book.
So Mike, it's up to you to sponsor the December match...let's see what you can come up with.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.