Author Topic: This past weekends project  (Read 3618 times)

Offline B.Barker

This past weekends project
« on: December 14, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »
This past weekend I made my first set of set triggers. I still have to make an adjusting screw and tweek some on the triggers. It hasn't had any pollishing or heat treating yet either. I have spent about twelve hours  so far and think another two or three to finnish at least I hope. I was really surprised my first try actually works. Tell me what you think. I'll try to post better photo's later this week.

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
Re: This past weekends project
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
Brian
Very nice.Since I need to make my first set trigger for a pistol project I'm working on all tips and pictures would be most appreciated.

Mitch

Offline bigbat

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:51:29 PM »
Danged Brian, is there nothing you cant do?  They look great are you going to make a hand made gun?  

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »
Scott not everything will be hand made. I'm using a Rice barrel and a hybrid Chambers gumakers lock. I will be making a new frizzen and springs for it also made a new top jaw srew.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »
Good Job Brian.  Looks real nice.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
Yes they look very good.  Making set triggers is very satisfying, involving file and hack saw, drilling and tapping, case hardening, and hardening and tempering springs...everything that's good about metal working.  Yours look great.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
My springs are a little heavy and will need some thinning. And yes there is a whole bunch of hack sawing and filing. But in the end when it all comes togather it is very satisfying. I just hope everything goes well when I harden the triggers. I've never case hardened anything before but Ian gave me some tips and advise on the subject. He will probably hate me by the time my class is over and Jim too.

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 04:29:16 PM »
Great looking triggers.  You done well.   It's a great feeling of accomplishment when you get that first whump. 
Cheers,
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline B.Barker

Re: This past weekends project New photos
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
I had enough light and no snow or rain to take some better photo's last evening.