Author Topic: Decorated Pouch  (Read 4264 times)

Jefferson58

Decorated Pouch
« on: December 04, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
Hi Folks:

This is a pouch I recently completed that is a bit of a departure from my normal Virginian and Southern Appalachian work. I wanted to do something a bit larger that had some decorative elements on it. Here is the result.

Made from veg-tan pigskin and lined with hemp. The flap is backed with light deer hide. About 8" wide by about 9" deep, so it is plenty large. There is an inside pocket sewn to the back. Gusset and fringed welts. The oak leaf was something I just saw lying in my driveway, picked up, and traced on to a pattern. The strap is hand-woven from linen and wool and about 1.5" wide. As usual, comments, complaints, suggestions, or anything else are always welcome.

I will have a table this weekend at the NMLRA Trade Fair in Weston, WV. If you are there, come by and say hello. I would like to put more faces with the folks I have met here on ALR.

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
Re: Decorated Pouch
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:00:47 AM »
Very nice pouch. Excellent work, as usual.

george kevil

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:35:01 AM »
Jeff,
This is another neat pouch. You must have lots of time and patience to cut all the fringe that you do. I had to look twice you even put fringe around the center piece,cool.
George

Mitch

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:50:50 AM »
Nice Pouch Jeff. I just received one of Jeff's pouches from him, pictures just don't do them justice........

seesbirds

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:01:32 AM »
Jeff,

You continue to amaze and delight.  Very nice work.

Mark

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »
  Looks good Jeff, nice work.

Tim C.

Bean

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 03:01:58 AM »
Do you sell these?  Very nice!  I would be interested.

Offline wvmtnman

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »
This weekend I got to see some of his stuff in person, at the WV NMLRA show in Weston WV.  Nice stuff!  Quality work. 
                                                                      Brian 
B. Lakatos

Jefferson58

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 02:26:53 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments. I do appreciate it.

Mitch, I hope you enjoy your pouch.

I will be working on some new stuff soon. I got to photograph and measure three original, WV pouches last weekend that were great pieces. In addition, there was a fascinating small original horn and ball bag that showed up. Maybe I can do something with them.

Jeff

Mitch

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:13:53 AM »
Would love to see the new work when done and got the news today that the horn for your pouch may be arriving soon.............